First Priority is a strategy to connect the CHURCH to reach the CAMPUS for CHRIST. It is intended to change the spiritual climate of the school and the world through students.
Our Vision is to unite the Church to equip students so that every teen on every middle and high school campus in the United States of America can have the opportunity to receive Gospel hope and inspiration from a friend.
Why First Priority?
- Because being lost without Christ means a loss of hope. Only a declining 12% of students in the US attend church weekly. Culture statistics indicate that suicide, sexual confusion, and abortion are on the incline.
- Because without intentional campus evangelism training and implementation, students who don’t attend church may never hear the gospel.
- Because no one church can reach and disciple every middle and high school student in their community, but when united, THE Church can.
- According to the Billy Graham Association, 85% of all that come to Christ do so before they graduate high school. There by making our middle schools and high schools the greatest mission field in America.
How does First Priority work?
First Priority works well as a strategy for the local church if the local church takes the time to organize each component of the strategy. To explain this, we compare life as a Christian in the U.S. to the necessary components of a football game. First Priority is the game plan for the students in the community to come together at school and live the game of faith every day.
What makes us different?
- Local Church Strategy
- Long Term Plan and Structure
- Rural, Suburban, and Urban Models
- Community-Based and Locally Owned
- Essential Networks of Support
- Student Led and Initiated Clubs